Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Linda M. Crate- Three Poems


an enduring name

Your words are the only ones
that count
in a world full of negativity and doubt
where dreamers don't dream
the way they used to,
and You inspire
me to hold onto positivity
for You have plans to prosper me and not
to hurt me;
You're the only one that has never
wounded me,
and sometimes You let the storm rage on
to know it's not my own power
but in Yours
that i can endure the storm,
and it's in Your perfect peace that i find that
everything is golden as sunshine
yellow
because Your name is the only one that saves
people have many idols these days:
technology, themselves, singers, writers, books, cds,
money, fancy cars, clothes,
but my hope will be in You because moth and rust
destroy and thieves may steal,
but Your name will endure forever.


true worth

the enemy
plants people in your life
to sow you misery,
the same people who take verses
out of context
probably
get bent out of shape when someone
misinterprets their words;
but i know better to lay my trust in chariots
or in the things of earth
for they will fade
so i will lay my trust with You;
my friend, my redeemer, my savior—
i don't always understand,
but i know
Your ways are not my ways;
but even in my imperfect state to You
i'm more valuable than rubies
and i feel sad
for the people who don't know You
because they stagger
around not knowing their true worth and value,
and the one friend that would never
let them down.


of thorns and flower gardens

the world gives you three strikes then you're out,
but You say forgive seventy times seven
to not withhold
love or forgiveness from our enemies,
and sometimes it's hard
for me to pray for my enemies
until i recall that You love me, too, regardless if i were
a blessing or a curse to someone that day;
so i keep the peace,
and sometimes swallow down the anger
that would lash and whip out of control burning everything
in it's path—
remember that i am flawed and imperfect,
and that maybe someone's praying
for me because i'm their
enemy,
too;
the economy of the world is revenge and anger,
but Yours is forgiveness and peace
drowning the world
full of indifference and apathy
of thorned thistles and ugly trees into
a flower garden
fragrant and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment