Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Bruce Mundhenke- A Poem


This Day

I read some from the Book,
Glean a pearl or two,
Listen to some fossil rock,
Enjoy a song or two.
Fifty years have come and gone
Since I heard those songs new...
I learn of another terrorist attack,
Murder nothing new...
I visit with the dog and cat;
Both of them communicate,
But their words are few.
I tell my wife I love her,
I know she loves me too,
I then read some poetry
And write this poem to you.
I take a walk and watch birds fly
As clouds pass overhead.
I find that walking slows things down,
And often clears your head.
I think about the Lord of Lords,
There is only One.
I think about the universe
And how it all begun...
And though I only know in part,
I strive to learn and grow,
And as I live, I thank the LORD
For giving me this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment