Sunday, March 6, 2016

Ramona Thompson- A Poem


Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past credits include How To Trick The Devil, Howl, Inner Fears, Blood Moon Rising, Infernal Ink, Calvary Cross, Dead Snakes and many more.

Readers/fans may stalk her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com


The Day Ain' t Over Yet


Devil got me
On my knees
But not for long
Not forever
Cause the day ain't over yet
I'm gonna start
By the skin of my teeth
Tooth and nail
Fighting back
No loser here today

My praise of my God above
In a moment of weakness
Ain't gonna just give up and quit
No, I'm gonna be
Made of tougher stuff then that
Knowing that for sure
Tomorrow is gonna be
A Heaven of a better day

On my knees
I'll still be praying
Both night and day
Keeping my soul
On that next righteous path
Won't let nothing tear me down
Send me down
Where I never wanna visit
Not even for a minute
Gonna burn
In those fiery depths

I'll remain God fearing
Jesus loving
No drugging
No heavy drinking
Just pure, clean sober living
Cause the fight and day ain't over yet
Even if at the end
He should damn me
Don't you know
I'll still be praising
My Lord's good name
Cause that's just the kinda Christian man I am

2016 Ramona Thompson


1 comment: