Saturday, September 28, 2013

Aaron Combs- A Poem

The Garden

I remember the garden
where we lived, it was
of such magnificence and awe.
The Charlotte roses filled the wild,
the serpents of many colors flew
and the thousand horses ran free.

I notice resting inside your eyes
and heart hasn't been so hard.
Wrestling for you,
holding you,
like a child, hasn't
been so different.

I'm taking you back there, Eve
in the Land of Eden,
just drink of my lips
a little longer and you'll remember
and see.

By the way, Eve, do you dance?
Let me bring your soul and
imagination to war as we
step into it's gates.

For the wind of the evening
still weaves dreams between
the heavens and the earth.

There. Look.

For your heart outshines the moon,  for I see
now the affliction and regret between
the pool in your blue eyes.

I still see you, I still love you

for you.

Your heartbeat is like the claps of a river,
and yes, Eve, we can still see that home.

I hear the rhythm of your breath
and dreams, the electricity and earth
of your voice. I see the blood written
words in your heart, let me show you what
they are.

Let me kiss you, let my breath
fulfill your heart, then your dreams.

Now see the memories come
together, as you believe.
The endless garden,
the red cedars,
the cool four rivers crashing
near the rock, where we once slept. 
And remember the blue toad that lived nearby the riverbed?
Look the tiger and white horse rest beside the Lamb.

See, like I promised you, we are here again,
where the rain and the moonlight has
not fallen, where the petals sip the dew upon
the face of the earth.

In the cool of the evening,
let me teach you again the names of the
stars. For I know some
day they too, will fall.

Capture your memories, Eve.
And don't be afraid in your pain
in your feelings,
just come to me.

For you can take my hand,
and be safe in my arms of
love. Even when it all falls.
Even when it all falls down.

Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment