Sunday, November 10, 2013

Heather Browne- A Poem

Look Not Toward Tomorrow
 
Look not toward tomorrow
it is not yet here. 
             
My dear sweet son,
Your prayer has been to participate in my sufferings.
And what I want is to be with you in yours.
                                   
This long walk of uncertainty before you
is known to Me.
                             
Stand with Me.
Here.
I will calm your seas and wind.
I will lessen your trembles and roar.
Know it is Mine to do so.
Not yours.
Be with Me. 
Here.
Stand tall My son.

Worry not how you look.
What you don't yet know.
What is changing.

I am your certainty.
Your heart is true.
Your heart is Mine.
That is what you need to know.

Stand tall My son
for I am with you.

I will shift your eyes to see.
I will bring others alongside you and Me.

And as we stand side by side
you will feel Me stronger.
Deeper.
Loving you.

And when the time is right.
When the time is Mine.
We will plant this cross
you and I
together.
And you will feel
the power and strength of
Our resurrection
together.
For I am making you new.

So look not toward tomorrow
look only
with Me.



Heather Browne is a faith-based psychotherapist and published poet in The Galway Review, The Artistic Muse, Leaves of Ink, and Deep Water Literary Journal.  She lives with her husband of 20 years and 2 amazing teens in So. Ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment