Monday, July 28, 2014

Heather M. Browne- Two Poems

           
Let Me Press
I fall
rocks pressed
into knees - embedded
I pick & flick
dirt scrubbed – imprint rubbed
out

I trip
against my will
stumbling
over my chosen sin
against you

Not wanting to fall
onto my knees

Knees - imprinted - embedded
from the ground

Help me want your mark
remember this pain - debris

Dirty
I look up
to you -  arms outstretched waiting
Raise me, Lord
from my soles
to stand  - waiting for your rain
to wash

Let me press
my palms
upon your hands
open
hanging from my nails
in you
driven in

Imprint me
Let me scar


"For dust you are and to dust you shall return" (Genesis 3:19)
I come and kneel to you God
Your altar before me
Sacrificing my sin for you
I drop - splay out my palms
fingers open - wide like fronds
I wait for the burn of yours
trees of provision - fruit of life
Now burning
You give and you take away
You gave and I took me away
from you
As the flame separates and breaks down
So do I, when I separate from you
I break and fall
onto my knees Lord, asking for forgiveness
Let me wear your cross
singed of life
over my mind which forgets and ignores
The fruit of sin is death - both mine
I come to you Lord
burnt and broken, dust and ash
once again nothing without you
Raise me Lord out of this flame
purify me in you
I am here and ready




Heather M. Browne is a faith-based psychotherapist and recently emerged poet, published in the Orange Room, Boston Literary Review, Page & Spine, Eunoia Review, Poetry Quarterly, Red Fez, , Electric Windmill, mad swirl. MCI just published her chapbook, We Look for Magic and Feed the Hungry.

Follow her: www.thehealedheart.net

No comments:

Post a Comment