Saturday, March 8, 2014

Linda M. Crate- Three Poems

the great Healer

You heal me and help me
without my
deserving it; how
could i choose to do anything
less than praise Your
Holy name for the rest of
my days?
He who makes a home
for even the most
minute insect to the largest
hippo swimming in the
river
He who is strong enough to
conquer and vanquish
countries and towns alike;
yet You hold my hand
tell me that i'm worth more than
rubies when i feel worthless
tell me to keep trying
when despair tries to drag
me under her flood
because You have plans to 
prosper me not to hurt me.




strength

You remind me
i am stronger than this pain
tougher than all these
problems
making me cry at night
tossing and turning me out
of my bed,
and so i pray and You
make things better
sometimes even the most minute
change is enough to make
me breathe,
and You always know exactly
what i need and when i
need it even
when i'm stressing out and freaking out
You know it will all end all right,
and so i'll try to stop fretting
because i know it tends toward evil
You told me so;
so i'll remember to trust You
because You're the only power that saves.




faith

You are the only power
that saves
so i turn to You
because everything seems
to be falling apart
before it can fall together
yet i know You have
plans to prosper me not to hurt me
so i'll hold on
even if this ocean is threatening
to drown me
i know You have the power
to hold Your hand out and stop the storm
from devouring me
so i hold on here breathing shallowly
hoping that soon
this pain will be gone
because it's really hurtful, but i know
You won't let it last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment