Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ramona Thompson- A Poem


Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past credits include Calvary Cross, Dead Snakes, Blood Moon Rising, Infernal Ink, This Ain't No Rodeo and many more.

Readers/fans may stalk her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com


Nothing Was Ever Really That Heavy

I feel so free
All my burdens lifted
All my fears
Let go
My soul soars
Flying with wings of angels
I no longer worry or fret
Over hurts that haven't happened yet
Cause somehow I've found
The strength
In You
I need to carry on

My Lord and my helper
My savior
Always there
In my time of greatest need
I fall to my knees
Here and now
To raise your name
Most high
Up where it belongs
Forever
Eternal
In my heart

In my soul
You have saved me
Found and forgiven me
Set me back
On that righteous path
From which I once strayed
For this and so much more
I cannot begin
To love you enough
My father
My glory
You alone are my all

And so one more
Wonderful time in my life
I give it all to you
The one who's taken it
All away
My horrors and my nightmares
It's almost strange to realize
Leaning on you
At last
Nothing was ever really that heavy anyway

2016 Ramona Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment