Friday, November 21, 2014

Danny P. Barbare- Two Poems


Faith

Though sometimes there are clouds
I happily pickup the sun
because I know it is there.
And I set it down, just beginning.
I playfully enjoy and turn on the stars
and moon, if too, because I know
they are there. I go to bed and wake
up with a smile. And shiningly do it
again because I know the sun is there.
So just as sure as day and night
the world turns on a thing called faith.



Salvation Army Bell

The
tinkling
ringing
in
the
wind.

The
Salvation
Army
bell.

It’s
that
red
bucket
reminder.

To
give
is
to
receive
the
true
gift

the
joyful
birth
of
Christ.



Danny P. Barbare has recently appeared in Calvary Cross. He resides in the Upstate of the Carolinas. His poetry has appeared in The Santa Clara Review and Clare Literary Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment