Saturday, August 1, 2015

Ramona Thompson- Two Poems


Jesus Broken Heart

How will you?
How will I?
Do the unthinkable
Bridge the river
Can we undo
Our cruel creation
Earn forgiveness
For the horrors
Against him we have committed
Lost to the darkness
How can we ever dare?
To stand again in the light
Naked and without shame

So terrible
We got so selfish
Turned our backs
Forgot him and all for us
He has done
Where did we go so wrong?
Can we really be such pitiful fools?
Upon the cross
We had it all
A golden future and a promise
So why?
Dear God, why?

Too late
Can't take it back
But maybe
Just maybe
We can start
To make amends
Put right again his smile
His belief and faith in us
Unshake what we shook
Prove we're sorry
Really sorry
One prayer at a time
To the Heavens above

So here we are
Standing
In the final judgement
Asking for that one last chance
To be in your eyes again, Lord
Who we're supposed to be
Sin free and yours
We know
We screwed up
But if you could
Oh Lord, if you would
Could you grant us?
Just a little more time
Here on Earth
To heal Jesus broken heart
Up there in Heaven tonight

2015 Ramona Thompson



Let Jesus Be My Terrorist

Tonight and every night
Today and every day
Protect me
From my enemies
Take down all plots
Against me
Let none of them
Hold a sword
To take too close an aim
Let their every plan and idea fail

Guard me
Raise me up above
The vipers around me
Poisonous fangs barred
Desperate to swallow me whole
Into a whole lot of trouble
Don't let me drown
Teach me to swim
Against the tide of cruel danger
So eager to suck
Suck me down

Desert storm
They tried to eat me alive
PTSD
A solider and a man forever changed
9/11
They sought
To defeat my soul
Twin towers fell
Lost it all but my faith
2015
Now I'm here
Still livin'
Still believin'
There's something out there
Up there
Bigger, stronger and tougher than me
Amen

2015 Ramona Thompson

 
Ramona Thompson has been writing for more than 20 years. Her past and current credits include Dead Snakes, Infernal Ink, Blood Moon Rising, Howl, Calvary Cross and many more.

Readers/fans may reach her on facebook or via her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment